STEVEN W. ZELKOWITZ
CRA Attorney (Shareholder, Gray-Robinson, Attorneys at Law)
Steven was born on June 27, 1961 in New York City and grew up in Livingston, New Jersey. After receiving his B.S. from the University of Massachusetts, Steven attended Rutgers University where he participated in a joint degree program and simultaneously received his Juris Doctor and Masters in City and Regional Planning. Prior to becoming a shareholder at GrayRobinson, Steven practiced in New York City and Orlando, FL.
Steven specializes in complex real estate, land use and zoning matters for both public and private clients. He has experience in the sale and purchase of commercial properties, commercial leasing and related transactions, secured lending, title insurance, developer representation including subdivision development and construction projects, and the representation of municipal corporations. He has also developed an expertise in public/private transactions, including public works contracts and obtaining state and local tax incentives for businesses relocating to the State of Florida.
Additionally, Steven has significant governmental law experience. He serves as general and special counsel to a number of Community Redevelopment Agencies in South Florida including the recently formed North Miami CRA, Naranja Lakes CRA and City of Boca Raton CRA. He has also worked for a number of municipalities in South Florida including Bal Harbour Village, Village of Key Biscayne, City of Aventura, City of Homestead, Town of Miami Lakes, City of Miramar, City of Weston, City of Dania Beach, City of Boca Raton, Islamorada, Village of Islands, and the City of Marathon.
Steven also has very strong ties to the community. He is currently the Chairman of the Miami Shores Village Historic Preservation Board and is active in the Anti-Defamation League. Steven was recently recognized in South Florida Business Journal's "Best of the Bar" issue. He frequently lectures on real estate and governmental law issues.
- University of Massachusetts, B.S. (1983)
- Rutgers University, M.C.R.P. (1989)
- Rutgers University School of Law, J.D. (1989)
- States of Florida, New Jersey and New York
- United States District Court of Florida
- South Florida Business Journal - Best of the Bar, 2003
- Miami Shores Village Historic Preservation Board
- Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce, Member
- Miami Beach Chamber of Commerce, Member
- Florida Redevelopment Association
- "Public/Private Transactions and Government Incentive Programs," Lorman Education Services, Government Contracts in Florida Conference