Community Outreach Efforts
|In North Miami, "We Are Family!"|
|The North Miami CRA was one of the sponsors of the Super Bowl Fest 2007, featuring Sister Sledge. See pictures from the event or watch a high quality video presented by Nanay. From there you can order your copy of the "We Are Family" CD to help hurricane victims and to support family strengthening and disaster preparedness.|
- City Charter Amendments Outreach
As part of the CRA's effort to inform the public about the City Charter changes on the November 7 ballot, the Executive Director appeared on the Ed Loz Morning Show. Mr. Crapp gave an overview of the CRA, and how the charter changes can affect the CRA's ability to provide affordable housing.
Listen to the program (wma file).
- Utilization of a twice-weekly, half-hour Radio Show on Radio MEGA (1020AM) hosted by Guylene Berry, CRA Community Relations Advisor, to promote and inform the community regarding CRA/City Activities and Public Interest/Community Events (e.g. Community Visioning Session for CDMP update that was held on 6/20/06, etc.) and to inform the community regarding relevant programs and services. The CRA Executive Director appeared on the show on 8/4/06 regarding Small Business Financial and Technical Assistance Resources with live telephone call-in ( Listen to program. (MP3). ). The CRA Executive Director also appeared on 8/18/06 regarding the opening of the Phase 2 Application Period for the Partnership for Recovery, Inc.’s “No Blue Roofs” Program from 8/21/06 to 9/01/06.
- Attend Monthly Greater North Miami Chamber of Commerce Luncheon Meeting (June and July 2006).
- Held a meeting with representatives of Island TV on July 5, 2006. In follow-up a 30-minute interview with the CRA Executive Director was taped on August 15, 2006 for broadcasting.
- Attended Greater North Miami Chamber Business Card Exchange on July 13, 2006.
- Held a meeting with representatives of the North Miami Police Department regarding the Police Athletic League organization and activities.
- Held a meeting with the Principal of the Adult School at North Miami Senior High School on July 13, 2006 regarding cooperative community outreach with the North Miami CRA
- Attended the Open House for the Center for Positive Connections on 7/20/06
- Held a meeting with David Saltman, CEO of Jewish Community Services on July 24, 2006
- Attended a Meet & Greet Event with Small Business Owners/Operators sponsored by Councilman Despinosse on July 28, 2006
- Taped an interview segment for COMCAST NEWSMAKERS on 7/12/06 (the segment was to air on 8/10-15 and 8/24-29
- CRA Executive Director was Guest Speaker for a Business Reception held by the North Miami Hispanic Association on July 19, 2006
- CRA Executive Director was a Speaker at the Breakfast Organizational Meeting of the Mayor’s Committee to Clean-up & Beautify Downtown North Miami on August 9, 2006
- CRA Executive Director was the Guest Speaker for the Rotary Club of North Dade’s Luncheon Meeting on August 24, 2006.